MCDONALD’S SOUTH AFRICA GIFT CARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The card is valid until the date on which the full value has been redeemed or 36 months from date of issue. Any value remaining on the card at that date will be forfeited.
- The card can be presented as payment for your McDonald’s purchases only at participating McDonald’s restaurants that use the cashless system.
Non-participating restaurants are listed below (note this may change from time to time):
- Adderley Street (Western Cape)
- Cape Town Station (Western Cape)
- The card cannot be reloaded.
- Purchases can be made using the card until the value reaches zero.
- Payments can be made as follows:
Full payment via gift card: (The value on the gift cards needs to be equal or higher than the purchase amount)
Cash & Gift Card: Cash amount needs to be tendered first, then the balance can be paid via gift card
- The value in the card is only exchangeable for purchases at McDonald’s and may not be refunded or redeemed for cash.
- No cash change will be given.
- To retrieve the balance on the gift card, send the word “Balance” and your gift card number (appearing on the front of the card) via SMS to 31249.
SMS Message: Balance: 971025XXXXXXXXXX
SMS Number: 31249
The card number appears on the front of the card: 971025XXXXXXXXXX
The cost of the SMS Balance enquiry is R1.00.
- Lost and stolen cards cannot be replaced.
- For any questions and queries about gift cards, please contact McDonald’s customer care on 0860 0000 40