FIFA World Cup Competition T&CS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR STAND A CHANCE TO WIN A TRIP TO THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022™
1. Promoter: This Promotional Competition (“Promotion”) is organized by Coca-Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited, Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (Proprietary) Limited and McDonalds South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, (“Promoters”).
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa who are 18 years old or above and in possession of a valid form of valid passport except any minor, employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of any of the Promoters, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca-Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies.
The Promotion is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Promotion, for the verification process and at the time of the Prize being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified.
3. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating in the Promotion, participants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these terms and conditions and the decisions of the Promoters, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The Promoters reserve the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these terms and conditions and the Prize, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Promotion and any Prize, or any aspect thereof, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion commences on 5 August 2022 South African Time and ends at 23h59 South Africa Time on 5 September 2022 (the "Promotion Period").
5. How to Enter: To stand a chance to win a Prize (as described in paragraph 6 below), participants must:
a. Buy any medium or large meal with a participating beverage product (see Annexure A for a list of participating products) during the Promotion Period at a participating McDonalds South Africa restaurant; and
b. Scan the QR code on the promotional poster or WhatsApp the word ‘Coke’ to 021 180 2801 and
c. follow the prompts which will guide the entrant through the process of providing their first name, surname and opt-in decision, as well as providing the means to upload a photo of their proof of purchase.
6. The Prize: The Prize consists of 1 of 2 all-expenses paid trip to the FIFA World Cup 2022™ in Qatar. There will be a total of 2 (two) winners, who will each receive a Prize, i.e., an all-expenses paid trip to the FIFA World Cup 2022™ in Qatar for the winner and a friend selected by the winner. The Prize consists of a travel package to Doha, Qatar, which is the site/venue of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ event. Package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and their selected friend, from a major airport closest to the winner’s home (determined by the Promoters in their sole discretion); 4 nights' accommodation at Promoters’ choice of hotel (double room, double occupancy); meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner each day (not including alcohol)); 1 ticket to 2 x FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ matches (seat locations to be determined by the Promoters in their sole discretion); and ground transportation to and from destination airport to hotel and from hotel to FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ stadium for the winner and their selected friend. The winner and their selected friend must be available to travel to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ event, currently scheduled for November or December 2022 (exact dates to be determined by the Promoters), on the dates specified by the Promoters, failing which a winner will forfeit the prize. The winner and their selected friend must have a valid passport (which must be valid for a period of 6 months from date of return from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ to South Africa). The winner and their selected friend must test negative for COVID-19 to be able to travel, in line with the regulations and/or rules in the Republic of South Africa and the State of Qatar. All 2 (two) winners and their selected friends must travel on same itinerary. Travel must be round trip. Promoters will determine airline and flight itinerary in their sole discretion. No refund or
compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these terms and conditions, and those set forth by the Promoters’ airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The Promoters are not responsible if the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ event or any scheduled event is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason, including but not limited to pandemics, epidemics, local disease outbreaks, public health emergencies, rules from any government authority, lockdown or stay at home order and quarantines and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets or travel or any other costs or expenses. Tickets handed to each winner may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures and each winner must comply with these policies and procedures. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions set forth on any tickets that the winner receives. Winner understands and agrees that the Promoters have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove a winner and their friend from any activity at any time if the winner’s behavior or the friend’s behaviour at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Promoters, and in such a case, the winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the Prize. Promoters are not responsible if winner does not use any tickets. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner.
It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they and their selected friend are in possession of all the relevant documents, including but not limited to a valid identity document, valid passport, visa and other required travel documents. Winners and their selected friend are solely responsible and at their own cost and expense, for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel including but not limited to visa, travel insurance, health certificates. If the winner fails to obtain any travel document including a travel visa, such winner will immediately forfeit the Prize. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Winners are responsible for complying with any COVID-19 requirements set forth by the Promoters, airline, hotels/accommodations, government authorities (both in South Africa and the host country for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ event), event venues or other vendors offering services that are part of the Prize. Failure to comply with any required COVID-19 requirements, may result in forfeiture of select elements of the Prize or the entire Prize. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced, and the Promoters shall not be liable for same. The Prize is non-transferable, may not be exchanged for cash or for any other item and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Promoters’ sole discretion. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. As of the Promotion start date, there exists an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 when traveling and in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.
7. Winner selection and verification: A random draw will be conducted by an independent panel of judges on 1 September 2022, where a total of 2 (two) potential winners will be drawn from all eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified on 2 September 2022 via a phone call using the number that the potential winner used to enter into the Promotion, and will be subject to a verification process (including verification of their selected friends) where they will be required to provide proof of address, certified copies (not less than 3 months certify stamp) of valid passport with at least 3 unused pages, certified copies (not less than 3 months certify stamp) of valid identity document and complete a verification document subject to the timelines that will be provided by the Promoters or the Promoters’ agencies. If verification is successful, the potential winner will be declared an official winner and a confirmation email will be sent. In addition, the winner will be required to sign and return to the Promoters, within five (5) days of the date notice is sent, an acknowledgement of prize and indemnity form ("Declaration") to claim their Prize and to fulfil any such other requirements as determined by the Promoters. If a potential winner fails the verification process for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and shall not receive a Prize, and a replacement draw, and winner will take place. The selection of the winner for the Prize is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
8. If the Promoters or the Promoters’ agents are unable to reach a potential winner after attempting to contact the potential winner 3 times within a 24 (twenty-four) hour period from the date of first notification stipulated above or if a potential winner fails the verification process for whatsoever reason, or if a winner fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information (when applicable) within the required time period, or if Prize is returned as undeliverable or cannot accept the Prize, then such person will be disqualified and will forfeit
the chance to win the Prize or to win the Prize and a draw for a replacement entry and winner will take place.
9. Participants enter the Promotion subject to the following:
a. The Promoters do not guarantee the availability of the participating products at the participating outlets.
b. The cell phone number used to enter into this Promotion must be owned and registered to that participant. No person can use another person’s cell phone number for entry into this Promotion. A participant who enters using a cell phone number that is not registered to that participant will be automatically disqualified.
c. In order to prevent fraud, a participant must not enter into the Promotion using more than one cell phone number or email address.
d. No automated entries will be allowed, and all entries must be made by a natural person manually – using the stipulated channel.
e. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Promotion.
f. Participants may enter this Promotion as many times as they like provided they complete the entry mechanics set out above each time. However, participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) prize under this Promotion.
10. Publicity and Data Privacy: The Promoters may require (for its own use or its affiliates’ use) the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, social media or other media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prize or after having received their Prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Promotion. By posting any content, experiences, images on any social media platform or any other media, in relation to this Promotion and its associated promotional activities, participants consent and give the Promoters a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish any content posted and/or submitted by a participant on a social media platform or any other media, for the purposes of promoting the products and/or services of the Promoters.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired or affected in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoters’ reasonable control, fraud, technical failures, regularly-scheduled maintenance, virus or other technical problem, the Promoters may, in their sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment, then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these terms and conditions; or (b) cancel the Promotion (before entries are received); or (c) change the number or nature of the prize (provided that the Promoters will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the prize as stated herein). The Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the terms and conditions of this Promotion, or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Promoters reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoters’ failure to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Promoters, The Coca-Cola Company, bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca-Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, advisers, suppliers and the officers, directors and employees of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and
all claims or causes of action of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of registrations and entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) failure to award any component of a prize due to Covid-19 restrictions or the occurrence of any similar public health emergency or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoters. The Promoters shall not be liable for any punitive, consequential, loss or profit, or indirect damages. Ownership of and risk in, and benefit attaching to a prize awarded under this Promotion will pass to the winner immediately upon delivery of the prize. If the Promotion has been discontinued for any reason, Promoters, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
13. Governing Law This Promotion (including prizes) shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
14. Other general terms: All queries relating to the Promotion can be directed to the Coca-Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of the Competition Terms is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at www.coca-cola.co.za.