Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for McDonald’s Online Services
IMPORTANT: PLEASE CAREFULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”). THEY CONTAIN LIMITATIONS ON McDONALD’S LIABILITY AND OTHER PROVISIONS THAT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
By installing, accessing or using any websites, mobile apps, email newsletters and subscriptions, and other digital properties on which these terms are posted or referenced (together, “online services”), you are entering into a binding agreement with MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd (“McDonald’s”, “we” or “us”) in South Africa.
By accepting these terms, you also understand and consent to McDonald’s Privacy Statement, which is incorporated into, and part of, this agreement. Our Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use and share information.
By accepting these terms, you understand and agree that, as stated in Section 7, you are waiving your right to resolve any dispute through other processes that could be available to you, such as court actions or administrative proceedings. It also means that you are waiving your rights to a trial by jury or to combine your dispute with others in a class action.
The online services are not intended to be used by, or targeted to, anyone under the age of 18. You must be at least 18 years old to use the online services. If you are at least 14 but not yet 18 years old, then you must review these terms with your parent or guardian and they must understand and agree to these terms in order for you to use the online services.
If you or your parent or guardian do not agree to these terms, then you must immediately stop using the online services and request that McDonald’s close any online services account that you have created. You can request account deletion by sending an email to Customer.email@example.com and please include the email address of the account that you want deleted.
1. About the online services.
Availability of products and services.McDonald's products and services are available in many parts of the world. However, the online services may describe products and services that are not available worldwide.
Obey the rules of the road. Whenever you use the online services, you must obey the rules of the road and all applicable rules and regulations. YOU MUST NOT USE THE ONLINE SERVICES WHILST DRIVING OR WHILST BEHIND THE WHEEL OR CONTROLS OF A VEHICLE THAT IS MOVING OR NOT IN “PARK”. In the interest of safety at all times, you should only use the online services when it is lawful and safe to do so.
You are responsible for your devices and accounts. You are responsible for any devices, software and services needed to use the online services. McDonald’s does not guarantee that the online services will fully function on any particular device or with any particular software. You are also responsible for any messaging and data charges, fees and taxes for your use of the online services, including when we communicate with you by text, email or other means that you choose. You may only use the online services with devices that you own or control and using only the authorized operating system (e.g., Apple iPhone OS for Apple devices). If you create an online services account, you are responsible for keeping the account secure and for all activity under the account. You can only use one online services account and must keep your account information accurate at all times.
McDonald’s right to update or terminate the online services. You understand and consent that (with or without notice) McDonald’s may update, modify or terminate the online services (or your access to them) from time to time, including by pushing updates to (or removing functionality or access from) any McDonald’s mobile app that you have installed on your device.
Updates to these terms. McDonald's may also update these terms at any time and at its sole discretion. If McDonald’s makes material changes to the terms, we will notify you by any reasonable means such as by posting the new terms in the online service. If you do not agree to the changed terms, then you must immediately stop using the online services and request that McDonald’s close any online services account that you have created. To close your account, contact us at McDonalds Customer Care on 0860 000 040 or email us at Customer.Care@za.mcd.com
Independent businesses own and operate many restaurants. Whilst McDonald’s operates and controls the online services, it is not responsible for the operation of most restaurants. Most restaurants are instead owned and operated by independent franchisees of McDonald’s and some are operated by McDonald’s subsidiaries (such franchisees and subsidiaries are together, “restaurants”). Each restaurant is independently responsible for its legal and regulatory compliance, for any issues relating to the supply of the products to you, and for any employment related matters in the restaurant.
Links to job opportunities from the online services. McDonald's and all restaurants are equal opportunity employers committed to diverse workforces. The online services may provide links to job opportunities posted by McDonald’s or by restaurants. These opportunities are with the restaurant alone (in other words, with the subsidiary or franchisee) and not with McDonald’s or its parent company (McDonald’s Corporation). This means that the restaurant that posted the opportunity is alone responsible for setting the job requirements, all hiring decisions, and all other employment related matters in its business. Neither McDonald’s nor its parent company receives a copy of any application you submit to a restaurant that is a franchisee, neither controls whether you receive an interview or are hired, and neither controls franchisees’ employment policies and practices. Neither McDonald’s nor its parent company employs independent franchisees. If you are hired by a restaurant that is a franchisee, only that franchisee, and not McDonald’s or its parent company (McDonald’s Corporation), will be your employer.
How to contact us. If you have any questions or comments regarding the online services, please see the Contact Us section in the online services or you can always call McDonalds Customer Care on 0860 000 040 or email us at Customer.Care@za.mcd.com
2. Our information practices and communications with you.
McDonald’s Privacy Statement. These terms incorporate McDonald’s Privacy Statement as part of the terms. Our Privacy Statement describes our information practices, including how we collect, use and share information.
How we communicate with you. Through the online services, you may opt in to receive emails, text messages to the mobile number you provide to us or push notifications from McDonald’s. When you opt in to any of these types of communications, you understand and consent that that you will receive marketing, transactional and other messages from McDonald’s. McDonald’s may use the information you have provided to us to communicate with you in accordance with McDonald’s Privacy Statement.
Opting out of communications generally. You have a choice in how we communicate with you. You can generally find your communication preferences with instructions on how to opt out in the profile section of the online service that you use. You may also have the ability to change your communication preferences using your device settings. In addition, our communications themselves may include the opportunity to opt out. You understand and agree that you may need to separately manage your communication preferences for each communication method. For example, if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive marketing text messages if you’ve opted in to receiving them. Whilst we do our best to offer convenient methods for you to manage your communications preferences, you may need to separately adjust your preferences for each online service. Please note that for some account-related and transnational communications, the only way to stop receiving these communications may be to close your online services account. Lastly, please note that if you are receiving communications from a McDonald’s franchisee, then you will need to opt out from them directly.
3. Offers.You have the possibility of receiving offers through the online services. The following general terms apply to the offers: (1) the offer may only be available through that particular online service and for the product shown and subject to availability, in participating restaurants only, and until the expiration date; (2) serving times apply (e.g., certain non-breakfast offers may not be available at breakfast serving times); (3) unless otherwise stated each offer expires on redemption; (4) only one offer can be used per restaurant visit; (5) offers are not transferable; and (6) there is no cash alternative. In addition there may be specific terms that apply to the offer which are stated on the app next to the offer. Not all offers may be combined with orders.
You purchase products directly from restaurants. When you redeem offers, you redeem offers directly with a participating restaurant and the contract for supplying the products will be between you and the restaurant that accepts your order (and not with McDonald’s nor any other Members of the McDonald’s System). The restaurant where you collect your products is responsible for preparing the products and providing them to you. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE PURCHASING DIRECTLY FROM RESTAURANTS (AND NOT McDONALD’S OR ANY OTHER MEMBERS OF THE McDONALD’S SYSTEM) AND THAT NEITHER McDONALD’S NOR ANY OTHER MEMBERS OF THE McDONALD’S SYSTEM HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY PRODUCTS THAT YOU PURCHASE FROM RESTAURANTS USING ORDERING.] McDonald’s Corporation (which is McDonald’s parent company), its subsidiaries, affiliates, their franchisees, agents, representatives, and agencies and their officers, directors, and employees are together, “Members of the McDonald’s System”.
About the products in the online services.All products are subject to availability at the restaurant where you collect your order. Some restaurants do not sell all products. Images of products and packaging on the online services are examples only and may not be identical to the product or packaging you receive from a restaurant. Differences may be due your device’s display of colors or factors such as the ingredients used, the supplier, the region of the country and the season of the year.
About the prices in ordering. Each restaurant independently determines its own prices. Prices include VAT. Certain offers and pricing may not be available for all orders at all locations. In the event you discover an error in the price of the product charged to you, please contact the restaurant where you purchased the product to seek a refund of the difference.
Refunds and your consumer rights. If you desire to seek a refund for any reason, including if the products are unsatisfactory or for other reasons, please contact the restaurant where you purchased the product regarding any refund due to you. Your legal rights in this respect are not affected by anything in these terms.
3.1 Virtual Loyalty Cards
McFeast Medium Meal and Cajun Medium Meal Virtual Loyalty Card
One Loyalty Stamp will be applied to your digital Loyalty Card on your App account per purchase of a Medium McFeast Meal or a Medium Cajun Meal when using the McDonald's App 1)at the front counter or kiosk by scanning your Loyalty Card, or 2)at a Drive Thru by reading out the alphanumeric code on your Loyalty Card to the crew member taking your order, or by scanning your QR code, prior to completing your order at participating McDonald's restaurants.
Loyalty Stamps cannot be obtained through any other apps (e.g. food delivery apps) and Loyalty Stamps will not be applied to your Loyalty Card if another meal is obtained by using or redeeming an offer on the App for a free or discounted meal (including when a Voucher is redeemed).
Once you have purchased five Medium McFeast meals or five Medium Cajun meals you will automatically receive a Loyalty Voucher for one free Medium McFeast meal with Zero Sugar Drink or Medium Cajun meal with Zero Sugar drink. Your digital Loyalty Card shall be reset to zero Loyalty Stamps. You can redeem the Loyalty Voucher on the App:
1) At the front counter by scanning the Loyalty Voucher QR code or
2) at a Drive Thru by reading out the alphanumeric code on the Loyalty Voucher to the crew member taking your order, or by scanning your QR code at participating McDonald's Restaurants, to obtain one Medium McFeast meal or Medium Cajun meal
The Voucher shall be valid for 90 days after the date of your fifth Loyalty Stamp . In the event that the product is not available the restaurant may (in its discretion) offer a suitable alternative of equal or greater value.
Any Stamps remaining on your digital Loyalty Card after 90 days will be removed and your digital Loyalty Card reset to zero Loyalty Stamps.
Vouchers may only be redeemed once.
Refunds: McDonald’s is entitled to remove Loyalty Stamps at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products included in the loyalty scheme.
Suspicious Activity: McDonald’s is entitled to take any action it considers appropriate, including removing or suspending your account and points accrued if we detect any suspicious activity concerning your account including but not limited to:
(i) engaging in illegal or fraudulent activities;
(ii) supplying or attempting to supply false or misleading information, or making a misrepresentation to McDonald’s or the participating restaurant; or
(iii) selling, assigning, transferring or acquiring, or offering to sell, assign, transfer or acquire any reward, benefit or points other than in accordance with these terms and conditions; or
(iv) excessive earning (via fraud or other means).
General: You may only have one McDonald’s App account at any one time. You are responsible for updating any change of name, email or any other details as soon as practicable after the change. McDonald’s is not responsible for any failure by the customer to update any details in accordance with this clause.
McDonald's reserves the right to terminate the McFeast and / or Cajun Loyalty Program if events beyond its reasonable control mean that it can no longer operate it.
McDonald's reserves the right not to accept Offer / Loyalty Vouchers or Loyalty points if in its reasonable opinion the App, Offer / Loyalty Vouchers or Loyalty points has been tampered with.
An account will terminate automatically on the death of the account holder. Points or Loyalty Vouchers earned but not yet redeemed will be cancelled. McDonald’s will close the McDonald’s App account on notification of the account holder's death. McDonald’s will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by any person as a result of such cancellation.
McDonald's retains at all times ownership of all materials and advertising in connection with the McFeast Medium Meal or Cajun Medium Meal Loyalty Program together with all intellectual property rights in and over the materials and advertising McFeast Medium Meal or Cajun Medium Meal Loyalty Program] .
Taking part in the McFeast Medium Meal or Cajun Medium Meal Loyalty Program amounts to acceptance of these terms and to their respective interpretation under the law and jurisdiction set in South Africa.
You agree that the following shall not be considered to be proper participation in the McFeast Medium Meal or Cajun Medium Meal Loyalty Program:
any purchase (including via a third party (i.e. eBay)), sale, offer to sell, giving away or other dealing with the App or McFeast Medium Meal or Cajun Medium Meal Loyalty Program save for as expressly permitted in these terms,
any use for any purpose whatsoever, save as expressly permitted in these terms, of McDonald's advertising, feature taken from such advertising, and/or of the intellectual property rights in or over such advertising, and
any breach by you of these terms.
Nothing in these terms shall affect your statutory rights. McDonald's may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in these terms.
All instructions, terms and conditions on any advertising or promotional materials relating to this Promotion form part of these terms although, in the event of conflict, these provisions shall prevail over all such other instructions, terms and conditions. Expressions which have been defined above shall have the same meanings when used in such other instructions, terms and conditions wherever the context admits.
Promoter: © 2018. MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd, 85 Grayston Drive, Sandton.You may, at any time, cancel your account by selecting ‘Delete Account’ in the Profile section of the App. Upon confirmation of cancellation, all accumulated Loyalty Stamps, Loyalty Vouchers in your account will immediately expire. Accordingly, McDonald’s recommends that customers members carefully plan all cancellations to avoid unintentional loss of accumulated points. Once expired, the points cannot be reimbursed.
4. Ownership and Licenses for the online services.
McDonald’s intellectual property ownership. Any and all rights in the online services are and shall remain the exclusive property of McDonald’s or its licensors. For purposes of clarity, “online services” includes any and all content on the online services, such as, but not limited to, text, images, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, audio, video, data and other materials (together, “content”) as well as any part of the online services. The online services are licensed, not sold, to you. Nothing in these terms intends to transfer any such rights to, or to vest any such rights in, you. You may not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere with McDonald’s or its licensors’ rights.
Your license to use the online services. Subject to these terms, you are granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use the online services solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes solely in accordance with these terms. For purposes of clarity, “Use” includes access, interact with, and display. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the licenses and rights these terms expressly grant to you. McDonald’s reserves all other rights.
Trademark information. Trademarks, service marks, and all graphical elements, including the look and feel appearing on the online services, are distinctive and protected trademarks or trade dress of McDonald’s or licensors. The online services may also contain various third-party names, trademarks, and service marks that are the property of their respective owners.
5. User submissions and unsolicited ideas
User submissions. Some online services may allow you to send comments, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, photographs, questions, complaints or other information posted or communicated to McDonald’s through the online services (together, “submissions”). You understand that by submitting any information to McDonald’s through the online services, you grant McDonald's a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, sublicense to others, modify, translate, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, and publicly perform the submissions, including to use them for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without approval from or compensation to you or any other person, including to use them for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without approval from or compensation to you or any other person. McDonald’s will not be required to treat any submissions as confidential.
Unsolicited ideas. It is McDonald’s policy not to consider unsolicited ideas. While we appreciate you taking the time to consider McDonald’s, we’re unable to review new ideas from outside the McDonald’s system. You expressly waive any and all claims against McDonald’s (and Members of the McDonald’s System) in connection with McDonald’s consideration, use or development of any product, design, concept or other materials similar or identical to your submission now or in the future.
6. Acceptable uses and restrictions for the online services.
Acceptable uses and other restrictions. With respect to the online services (which includes content), you may not, and may not allow third parties, to:
- Use the online services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms;
- Delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices;
- Attempt to obtain ownership or title to the online services, including the content;
- Use, copy, distribute, republish, display, disclose, upload, post, or transmit the online services in any commercial manner;
- Rent, lease, sell, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, assign or transfer the online services, or combine them with, or incorporate them into, any other programs or services;
- Disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer, copy in source or object code format, or create derivative works based on the online services;
- Transfer, provide, export or re-export the online services in violations of an embargo, trade sanction, or other technology control or export laws and regulations;
- Use or launch any unauthorized technology or automated system to access the online services or extract content from the online services, including but not limited to spiders, robots, screen scrapers, or offline readers;
- Attempt to disable, damage, overburden, impair or gain unauthorized access to the online services, McDonald’s network or any user accounts associated with the online services.
7. Limitations on liability and disclaimers.
Limitations on McDonald’s liability. [NEITHER MSA DEVCO (NOR ANY OTHER MEMBERS OF THE McDONALD’S SYSTEM) SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS DAMAGE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST DATA, PERSONAL INJURY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE ONLINE SERVICES. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION IS INTENDED TO LIMIT McDONALD’S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES TO THE EXTENT CAUSED BY McDONALD’S OWN GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL OR UNLAWFUL MISCONDUCT. ADDITIONALLY, NOTHING IN THIS SECTION IS INTENDED TO LIMIT OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE LIMITED OR ALTERED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. McDonald’s reserves all legal rights to recover damages or other compensation under these terms or as allowed by law.
McDonald’s provides the online services “AS-IS” and without any warranties. The online services may include inaccuracies or errors. McDONALD’s PROVIDES THE ONLINE SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. McDONALD'S DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. McDONALD'S DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE ONLINE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE ONLINE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST McDONALD’S (AND ALL OTHER MEMBERS OF THE McDONALD’S SYSTEM) FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE ONLINE SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THEM. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
Third party services. The online services may link to or allow you to use third-party websites, downloadable materials, content, social networks, or other digital services (together, “third party services”). These third parties may have their separate terms and conditions or privacy policies that you should review and understand before using them. McDonald’s does not endorse and is not associated with any of these third party services. McDONALD’S HAS (AND ALL OTHER MEMBERS OF THE McDONALD’S SYSTEM HAVE) NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE THIRD PARTY SERVICES.
Events beyond our control. McDONALD’S HAS (AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE McDONALD’S SYSTEM HAVE) NO RESPONSIBILITY for McDONALD’S FAILURE TO PERFORM any of ITS obligations under these terms caused by or related to any event beyond McDonald’s reasonable control. If such an event occurs, then McDonald’s obligations under these terms will be suspended for the duration of the event; and McDonald’s may, but is not required to, use reasonable endeavors to find a solution by which its obligations under these terms may be performed despite the event.
How we settle disputes. You agree that:
(1) any claim or dispute (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) you may have with McDonald’s or any other Members of the McDonald’s System arising from or related to the online services or these terms will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by AFSA and conducted before a single arbitrator using AFSA’s Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“rules and procedures”);
(2) the arbitration shall be held in Johannesburg;
(3) the arbitrator’s decision shall be based on these terms and any of the other agreements referenced herein that you may have entered into in connection with the online services;
(4) the arbitrator shall apply South African law
(5) no claims shall be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as you and McDonald’s hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration will therefore only decide the individual claims of you and McDonald’s; it is agreed that the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of any other person or party to an arbitration between you and McDonald’s under this provision;
(6) you and McDonald's empower the arbitrator with the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability or enforceability of these terms or formation of this contract, including the arbitrability of any dispute and any claim that all or any part of these terms are void or voidable;
(7) Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both you and McDonald’s are required to arbitrate their claims against one another.
8. Apple Applications
These terms incorporate and supplement the Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) terms and Conditions (available at http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#service), including the Licensed Application End User terms therein (“Apple terms”). If you are using the online services through Apple application (“Apple Application”), you also acknowledge and agree:
- Apple has no obligation at all to provide any support or maintenance services in relation to the Apple Application. If you have any maintenance or support questions in relation to the Apple Apps, please contact McDonald’s, not Apple, using the above Support Services details;
- except as otherwise expressly set out in these terms, any claims relating to the possession or use of the Apple Application are between you and McDonald’s (and not between you, or anyone else, and Apple); and
- in the event of any claim by a third party that your possession or use (in accordance with these terms) of the Apple Application infringes any intellectual property rights, Apple will not be responsible or liable to you in relation to that claim;
- McDonald's makes no representation that the online services are appropriate or available outside of South Africa. If you use the online services from other locations you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- These terms will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of South Africa.
- Although these terms govern the online services as between McDonald’s and you only (and although Apple is not a party to (and no other Members of the McDonald’s System are parties to), these terms, Apple [and other Members of the McDonald’s System] are third party beneficiaries under these terms and will have the right to enforce against you those rights that McDonald’s holds under these terms to the extent such terms may pertain to them; there are no other third beneficiaries under these terms.
- The terms are written in English. Any translation of the terms into another language is provided solely for your convenience, and to the extent there is any conflict between the two, the English version controls.
- On termination of these terms or of your permission to use the online services, all rights granted to you under terms shall cease; however, these terms will continue to apply to your prior use of the online services and anything relating to or arising from such use. Upon termination, all of rights of McDonald’s and other Members of the McDonald’s System, including all intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, and licenses in these terms shall survive, as well all restrictions on use, all limitations on liability and disclaimers and all of Section 7 (“How we settle disputes”).
- Each of the terms and conditions in these terms are severable and operate separately. If any of them are unlawful, void or unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- If McDonald’s fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms, or if McDonald’s does not enforce its rights against you, or delays in doing so, that will not mean that McDonald’s has waived its rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
- McDonald’s may transfer its rights and obligations under these terms to another organization or entity, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these terms. You may only transfer your rights or obligations under these terms to another person if McDonald’s agrees in writing.
1O. McDonald’s Restaurants that DO NOT Accept Virtual Vouchers
- MCDONALD'S ARBOUR CROSSING\
- MCDONALD'S GALLERIA
- MCDONALD'S SELBY
- MCDONALD'S VEREENIGING
- MCDONALD'S MTHATHA
- MCDONALD BENONI
- MCDONALD'S EVATON
- MCDONALD'S VANDERBIJLPARK
- MCDONALD'S GROBLERSDAL
- MCDONALD'S LEMON TREE
- MCDONALD'S THE GROVE
- MCDONALD'S SILVERTON
- MCDONALD'S WILLOWS
- MCDONALDS LANGEBERG
- MCDONALD'S BRUMA
- MCDONALD'S EASTGATE
- MCDONALD'S ALBERTON
- MCDONALD'S LOUIS BOTHA
- MCDONALD'S MIDRIDGE
- MCDONALD'S MIDRAND
- MCDONALD'S TURFFONTEIN
- MCDONALD'S BELA BELA
- MCDONALD'S HARTIES
- MCDONALD'S KURUMAN
- MCDONALD'S UPINGTON
- MCDONALD'S KATHU
- MCDONALD'S ERMELO
- MCDONALD'S GREAT NORTH
- MCDONALD'S SPRINGS MALL
- MCDONALD'S MIDDELBURG
- MCDONALD'S MIDDELBURG MALL
- MCDONALD'S PAVILION
- MCDONALD'S LEPHALALE
- MCDONALD'S JEFFREYS BAY
- MCDONALD'S LENASIA
- MCDONALD'S ALEXANDRA
- MCDONALD'S AMALINDA
- MCDONALD'S BRITS
- MCDONALDS WITBANK
- MCDOANLD'S HIGHVELD MALL
- MCDONALD’S KIT KAT
- MCDONALD’S STANDERTON
McDonald’s Nazo! Rewards Campaign: 3rd February to the 31st March 2021, while stocks last
9. Conditions applicable to all prizes
Rewards / Discounts may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative (unless stated) and Reward Vouchers(s) / discount are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and non-divisible and are not permitted to be sold or resold.
9.1. Neither the Promoter nor any redeeming outlet, shall be under any obligation to enquire whether the person submitting any voucher code is the person entitled to make the claim, irrespective as to whether or not that person first obtained that voucher code (but without affecting the Promoter’s rights in relation to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions).
9.2. ALL voucher(s) will be retained on redemption (unless redeemed via a hotline or online, when the Prize Partner and or Promoter reserves the right to require prior sight of any voucher(s) prior to redemption) and only Original and Authentic voucher unique codes will be accepted. VOID voucher unique codes will not be accepted (expired, counterfeit, or incomplete).
9.3. All pictures and photos used to advertise the prizes are illustrative rather than definitive and are for reference only, the actual prizes may differ in their appearance.
9.4. Any advertisement of the cash value of the prize-pool represents the Promoter’s best estimate of the normal retail-price or (in the case of discount prizes) of the discount offered (based in turn on the average discount if variable) for all prizes which are available to be won; it does not thereby imply that any prize will be awarded in the absence of a corresponding valid claim.
9.5. Reproduction of any prize imagery does not thereby imply any endorsement or association by the producer of that prize-type nor by the owner of any brand associated with that prize-type.
9.6. All un-awarded or unclaimed prizes / discounts will lapse if not the subject of valid claims and the award of which has been completed within the time limits as prescribed by these Terms & Conditions.
10.1. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) the Promoter, its agents for administering the reward vouchers assume no responsibility and are not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of the prize description or illustration, (ii) the non-availability, loss, interception or interference with, late receipt or damage of or to any prize claim, Promotional reward vouchers, discount prize(s), voucher(s), prize or notification or other communication, (iii) (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded by the Promoter) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize, or (iv) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a prize, (save to the extent that the Promoter has expressly and specifically accepted responsibility in these Terms and Conditions for the same) (v) all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to a person’s participation in the Promotion, or arising out of a person’s participation in any Promotion related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded to them.
10.2. All reward vouchers remain the property of the Promoter, pending redemption to winners and the Promoter reserves the right to dispose of any unclaimed prizes as they deem appropriate.
10.3. All prizes remain the property of the Prize Partners, pending redemption by winners and the Promoter is not responsible for the supply of, and does not own, any prizes provided by other suppliers nor acts as their agent in relation to the delivery to winners of prizes other than those supplied directly by the Promoter.
10.4. For any prize which must be claimed by the winners’ parent / legal guardian, the Promoter will not be obliged to award it to anyone other than that parent / legal guardian, if the winner is less than 18 years of age. The Promoter may also withhold that award should the Promoter determine in its sole discretion that a dispute may have arisen as between the winner and the parent / legal guardian in relation to the prize.
10.5. The Promoter is not liable or responsible to verify the identity of the parent or legal guardian.
10.6. The submission of prize claims is the sole responsibility of the prize claimant. Any tax liability or life, health, travel, accident or other insurance associated with any prize is payable by the prize winner and is their sole responsibility.
11. The promoter’s rights
11.1. The Promoter reserves the right and at any time at its absolute discretion and without giving any reason or notice, to vary, modify or amend the terms of these Terms and Conditions in such manner as the Promoter thinks fit. Any changes will be communicated on the Website www.mcdonalds.co.za, and all participants in the Promotion shall be deemed to have accepted such amended or modified terms by their ongoing participation in the Promotion.
11.2. In the event of any discrepancy between any printed Terms and Conditions, rules, short guides, declarations, the Terms and Conditions as communicated on the website will prevail.
11.3. The Promoter may (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Terms and Conditions where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging the Promoter to relax the Terms and Conditions on any further occasion for that entrant or at all for any other person) (ii) terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time due to supervening circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize). The Promoter’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be final and binding.
12. Force majeure / printing and production error.
In the event the Promoter is prevented from continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to service interruption, technology or system failure, accidental damage, fire, flood, natural or manmade or public health epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of public enemy, or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any provincial or local government law, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Promoter’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any government approval which may be required, the Promoter shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Promotion.
The Promoter also reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend, or extend the Promotion in any way, or deem the reward codes void and invalid if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the reward codes in question reflect printing or other errors which have destroyed or severely undermined the proper play, integrity and / or feasibility of the Promotion.
If, due to printing or production errors for any reason, more potential winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Terms and Conditions, the winners, or r remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the Promotion may be selected in a random draw from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such a random draw shall be each prize claimant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
13.1. In administering this Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information from you and, unless it has first obtained your consent, the Promoter (i) will not collect more of your personal information than it needs for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion and carrying out publicity as stated in these Terms and Conditions, (ii) will only use your personal information for that purpose which may include transferring your personal information to its associates, and (iii) will only transfer your personal information outside South Africa for the purpose of verifying your prize claim. Selected partners of the Promoter (depending upon the nature of the prize and whether in addition to or in place of your providing personal data to the Promoter) may require you to provide to those partners personal data in connection with claiming/redeeming prizes and you should satisfy yourself with the privacy policies of such partners, as the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for them.
14. Publicity release
Subject to obtaining your prior approval and subject to compliance with all relevant laws in relation to the protection of personal information, you agree that McDonald’s, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and agencies, and any of their successors, assigns, promotional partner licensees and the Prize Partners may use your name, voice, and likeness and any statements made by or attributed to you relating to McDonald’s or the Promotion in any and all media, and you release McDonald’s and the Prize Partners from any liability arising from such use, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of your right of publicity, and defamation.
15.1. All Instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional materials (including notifications, acceptance forms, redemption forms, declaration forms and prize acknowledgement forms) relating to this Promotion form part of the Terms & Conditions although, in the event of conflict, these provisions shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions. Expressions which have been defined above shall have the same meanings when used in such other instructions, rules and conditions wherever the context admits.
15.2. No claim under or participation in this Promotion or any reward voucher(s) is valid in combination with any other offer or promotion, save to the extent expressly stated herein.
15.3. Should the promoter determine based on the evidence in its possession at any given time that an entrant is in breach of the Terms and Conditions, then the Promoter may adjudge (in its sole discretion) that such entrant is ineligible to take part in this Promotion and every other promotion or offer of the Promoter and every entry, claim and request by that entrant then in process shall be disregarded and have no force or effect.
15.4. By participating in the Promotion, including (without limitation) the scratching and revealing of any reward voucher(s), participants and / or their parents/legal guardians agree to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions made by McDonald’s and its Prize Partners for the Promotion, Dream Hotels by South Africa (Pty) Ltd, Microsoft (Pty) ltd, Barnyard Theatre South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“EA”), Happy Island water world (Pty) ltd, Endless Holidays South Africa, Embassy South Africa (Pty) Limited (collectively, the “Prize Partners”) and of the terms of the following licence.
15.5. You understand and accept that (i) the Promoter retains ownership of reward vouchers(s) and ownership or control of the trademarks and other intellectual property in and over the reward vouchers(s) and all Promotion-advertising at all times (“the Property”), (ii) the Promoter grants you a licence to use the Property solely for the purposes of the proper participation in the Promotion in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, (iii) none of the following shall be considered proper participation in the Promotion, namely; any sale, offer to sell, giving away or other dealing with any reward vouchers(s), any use for any purpose whatsoever of any Promotion advertising or any feature taken from it or anything which is a breach by you of the Terms and Conditions (iv) you may not assign this licence or any benefit under it, (v) any use of the Property for a purpose not stated to be permitted or any failure otherwise to observe any provision of this licence shall result in automatic termination of the licence without requirement as to notice and amount to an irremediable infringement of the Promoter’s intellectual property entitling the Promoter to all rights and remedies available by law, and (vi) following termination or expiry of this licence you will return all reward vouchers(s) to the Promoter without attempting to redeem the same and shall cease to use the Property for any purpose whatsoever.
15.6. The decision of the Promoter and the Prize Partners in the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, or the exercise of any rights or discretions in connection with these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding and the participants and/or their parents/legal guardians undertake jointly and severally not to call any of these Terms and Conditions into question in any court.
15.7. By participating in the Promotion and/or redeeming any prizes, participants and/or them parents/legal guardians release and agree to hold, subject to the maximum extent permitted under law, McDonald’s, McDonald’s agents for administering the Promotion and the Prize Partners harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to their participation in the Promotion, or arising out of their participation in any Promotion-related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded to them.
15.8. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of South Africa. The rights conferred by these Terms and Conditions (insofar as they are relevant) are for the benefit of the Prize Partners and McDonald’s agents for administering the Promotion. Each of the aforesaid entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions relevant to itself directly against the participants of the Promotion and/or their parents/legal guardians on its own behalf.
15.9. All age limits shall be deemed to be actual age as at the time when a claim is made for the relevant prize offered in the Promotion, unless expressly stated otherwise in these Terms & Conditions.
15.10. Any reward vouchers(s) will be void if it is deemed by the Promoter, Prize Partner or agents for administering the promotion involved with prize-redemption, to have expired or to be counterfeit, a photocopy, or incomplete or if it has been offered for sale or a claim made in respect of it by an ineligible person. Any voucher(s) which (in the Promoter’s discretion) is misprinted shall be void and an entrant's sole remedy will be (subject to availability) a replacement reward voucher (as appropriate).
15.11. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights. The Promoter may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter any correspondence save as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions.
15.12. All McDonald’s references marked with a TM or ® are trademarks of McDonald’s Corporation and its affiliates.
15.13. All artwork, elements and characters and other trademarks and trade names featured in these Terms and Conditions and on all reward vouchers, advertising and other promotional materials themed on “McDonald’s reward” and “McDonalds Moments”, are owned and licensed by and are © 1935, 2012 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
15.14. All logos, prize visuals and other trademarks and trade names featured in these Terms and
15.15. Conditions and on all advertising and other promotional materials themed are owned and
15.16. licensed by the Prize Partners.
15.17. A copy of these full Terms and Conditions is available at no cost by downloading and printing them from the website www.mcdonalds.co.za (until 30 November 2020).
14. For any queries please contact the McDonald’s Nazo! Rewards customer care centre via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Monday to Friday – 08:30 – 16:30 excluding weekends and public holidays.
All other trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Promoter: MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd t/a McDonald’s South Africa, 85 Grayston Drive, Sandton.
Promotion Terms & Conditions (“Rules”)
This Promotional Promotion (“Promotion”) is organized by MSA Devco (Pty) Limited (“Promoter”). The following are not eligible to participate: (i) a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to the Promotor, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or (ii) a supplier of good or services in connection with the Promotion.
The Promotion is open to citizens of South Africa who hold a South African barcoded green ID Book or ID smartcard or valid South African passport and Non-South African Citizens with a valid Passport and Certificate of Residence
Participation in the Promotion is scheduled to take place from the 18th of October 2021 to the 1st of December 2021 at participating McDonald’s restaurants.
These dates are subject to stock availability and may be reduced or extended by the Promoter and the deadline for prize claims may consequentially be changed.
Check for details of any changes on the website at https://www.mcdonalds.co.za
3. How To Enter
To enter Participants, need to purchase any Medium or Large McDonald’s meal via Drive-Thru (in a single Purchase) at participating McDonald’s restaurants.
4. Prize descriptions & Conditions
1. All persons entering this Promotion (“the Participants”) agree that the Terms and Conditions, rules and provisions as set out herein are binding on them.
2. By entering this Promotion, all Participants acknowledge that they have the legal capacity to enter the Promotion and hereby agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as set out herein, which Terms and Conditions will be as interpreted by the Promoters.
3. The Promoters’ decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered thereafter.
4. Every Participant must be a natural person of 18 (eighteen) years or older at date of his/her entry into the Promotion.
5. Participants are required to take a clear picture of their receipt using their cellphone and send the picture of their slip via Whatsapp to 0860 335 444.
6. Entry to this Promotion does not make a Participant a winner.
7. If the Participant has won on a specific cellphone number, no other numbers will be accepted by the Promoters or used by the Promoters to contact the Participant.
8. Participants with a valid entry stand a chance to win fuel for a year from Sasol.
9. Participants are eligible for a maximum of 1 (one) prize in this Promotion i.e. one voucher for Sasol fuel to the value of R25 000 (twenty-five thousand rand).
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, late or altered. Entries that do not comply with these Terms will be disqualified.
11. It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to the Promoter is accurate and complete.
5. Prizes and Draws
1. A prize consists of 1 (one) fuel voucher to the value of R25 000 (twenty-five thousand rand) each.
2. There will be a maximum of 10 unique (ten) winners.
3. No substitution or assignment of the Prize is permitted.
4. The Prize can only be handed over to the winner if all details provided by the winner are factually correct and requested supporting documentation presented to the Promoter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of similar economic value.
6. The winners will be randomly chosen from all qualifying Participants in the form of a draw.
7. A maximum of 10 (ten) winners will be drawn from the total number of entries received.
8. The draw will be supervised by an independent auditor or attorney.
9. If the Prize is declined or if the potential winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied on their entry after 3(three) telephone call attempts on the day of the draw date, a replacement winner will be drawn at the Promoter’s discretion and the Promoter will attempt to contact the replacement winner on the same basis.
10. If the Winner has given his/her written consent, the Promoter has the right to publish the winner's name and photographs (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point- of-sale or public relations material. The nature of these publications will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter, for a period of 12 (twelve months) from the date/s of the Prize draw.
11. Once the Prize has been handed over to the winner in terms hereof, the results of the Promotion are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.
12. Prizes may not be exchanged for any cash or other alternative (unless stated) and prizes are not transferable, divisible, or permitted to be sold.
13. All advertisements depicting the prizes and prize descriptions are illustrative rather than definitive.
14. Any advertisement of the cash value of the prize-pool represents the Promoter’s best estimate of the normal retail-price at the time of the Promotion.
15. Reproduction of any prize imagery does not thereby imply any endorsement or association by the producer of that prize-type nor by the owner of any brand associated with that prize-type.
16. Stouf Communications (Pty) Ltd is a member of WASPA and is bound by the WASPA Code of Conduct. Customers have the right to approach WASPA to lodge a complaint in accordance with the WASPA complaints procedure. Stouf Communications may be required to share information relating to a service or a customer with WASPA for resolving a complaint. WASPA website: www.waspa.org.za.
17. All queries relating to technical support for the SMS platform can be directed to Stouf Communications. Email address.Sasol@stouf.com / 011 782 9720 (standard call rates apply).
6. Additional Terms
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) the Promoter, its agents for administering the Promotion and the prize sponsors assume no responsibility and are not liable for:- (i) the accuracy or otherwise of the prize description or illustration, (ii) the non-availability, loss, interception or interference with, late receipt or damage of or to any prize claim, voucher(s), prize or notification or other communication, (iii) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize, or (iv) all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to a person’s participation in the Promotion, or arising out of a person’s participation in any Promotion related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded to them.
All prizes remain the property of the suppliers, pending redemption by winners and the Promoter is not responsible for the supply of, and does not own, any prizes provided by other suppliers nor acts as their agent in relation to the delivery to winners of prizes other than those supplied directly by the Promoter.
The Promoter reserves the right and at any time at its absolute discretion and without giving any reason or notice, to vary, modify or amend the terms of these Rules in such manner as the Promoter thinks fit. The Promoter may (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging the Promoter to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that entrant or at all for any other person) (ii) terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time due to supervening circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize). The Promoter’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding.
The Promoter also reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend, or extend the Promotion in any way, or deem an entry void and invalid if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the entry reflects printing or other errors or falsification or other action which has undermined the integrity and / or feasibility of the Promotion.
In administering this Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information from you and, unless it has first obtained your consent, the Promoter (i) will not collect more of your personal information than it needs for the purpose of administering and analysing this Promotion and carrying out publicity as stated in these Rules, (ii) will only use your personal information for that purpose which may include transferring your personal information to its associates, and (iii) will not transfer your personal information outside South Africa unless it is permitted to do so under South Africa law. Selected partners of the Promoter (depending upon the nature of the prize and whether in addition to or in place of your providing personal data to the Promoter) may require you to provide to those partners personal data in connection with claiming/redeeming prizes and you should satisfy yourself with the privacy policies of such partners, as the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for them.
Subject to obtaining your prior approval, you agree that the Promoter and its successors, assigns may use your name, voice, and likeness and any statements made by or attributed to you relating to the Promotion in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity and through-out the universe for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Promotion without compensation, which potentially may include participation in a photo shoot determined at the sponsors discretion, and you release the Promoter and the Prize Sponsors from any liability arising from such use, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of your right of publicity and defamation.
All instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional materials (including notifications, acceptance forms, redemption forms and declaration envelopes / forms) relating to this Promotion form part of the Rules although, in the event of conflict, these provisions shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
No claim under or participation in this Promotion is valid in combination with any other offer or promotion, save to the extent expressly stated herein.
By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Rules and the decisions made by the Promoter and its prize sponsors for the Promotion.
The decision of the Promoter and the Prize sponsors in the interpretation of these Rules, or the exercise of any rights or discretions in connection with these Rules, shall be final and binding and the participants and/or their parents/legal guardians undertake jointly and severally not to call any of these Rules into question in any court.
By participating in the Promotion and/or redeeming any prizes, participants and/or their parents/legal guardians release and agree to hold, subject to the maximum extent permitted under law, the Promoter, its agents for administering the Promotion and the Prize sponsors harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to their participation in the Promotion, or arising out of their participation in any Promotion-related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any prize that may be awarded to them.
These Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of South Africa. The rights conferred by these Rules (insofar as they are relevant) are for the benefit of the Prize sponsors and the Promoter, and its agents for administering the Promotion. Each of the aforesaid entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions relevant to itself directly against the participants of the Promotion and/or their parents/legal guardians on its own behalf.
Nothing in these Rules shall affect your statutory rights. The Promoter may (in its sole discretion) decline to enter into any correspondence save as otherwise stated in these Rules.
All references marked with a TM or ® are trademarks of the Promoter, its affiliates or the Prize sponsors.
Promoter: MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd