McDonald's South Africa
McDonald's 'Fuel Up on Us' Promotion gives a McDonald's app user that spends R80 or more at a McDonald’s restaurant and is also a registered V+ Loyalty Card member the opportunity to win R1000 loaded on the V+ Loyalty Card which can be redeemed at a Shell forecourt or Shell Select Convenience Retailer Store.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("RULES")
The McDonald's 'Fuel Up on Us' promotion, 2020 (the "Promotion") will be conducted on the McDonald's App, managed by MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd (the "Promoter" or "McDonald's").
- You must be a South African resident and be a registered user of the McDonald' App and a registered V+ Loyalty Card member to participate in the Promotion. You must be an adult of majority age, and be legally able to give consent on or before the date you attempt to redeem a reward or daily offer. If you are under the age of majority, or are otherwise required to obtain permission of your legal guardian your parent or legal guardian must give their consent for you to participate ("Participant");
- The following are not eligible to participate: (i) a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd and/or Shell Downstream South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Shell”) or affiliated companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or Shell, or (ii) a supplier of good or services in connection with the Promotion.
- The exclusion includes spouses, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons previously specified.
2. DETAILS OF THE REWARD
The total reward pool comprises of a R1,000 fuel per day from 5th March 2020 to 25th December 2020. Each successful Participant will have R1000 loaded onto their V+ loyalty card for use at a Shell Forecourt or Shell Select Convenience Retail Store
3. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The promotion commences on 4th March 2020 and ends on 25th December 2020 (the "Promotional Period"). These dates are subject to change and may be reduced or extended by the Promoter and the deadline for reward or daily offer claims may consequentially be changed. Check for details of any changes on the website at www.mcdonalds.co.za ("the Website").
4. HOW TO ENTER
- For a New User: During the Promotional Period, a new user can enter the Promotion only if they have downloaded the McDonald's App created an account and logged into the app. Once logged in and the Terms & Conditions have been accepted, a Participant will need to make a purchase of R150 or more at a participating McDonald’s restaurant and redeem the "Fuel Up on Us" deal. The Participant will automatically be eligible and will be entered into the reward draw. Participants will be drawn in a random selection process and thereafter will be contacted via email or telephone to provide V+ member number. Participants V+ member’s status will be validated by Shell. Once a Participants V+ membership number is validated the Participants V+ Card will be loaded by Shell and the Participant will receive an email to confirm that R1000 has been loaded onto the V+ card. Participants that do not have a valid V+ card at the time of purchase at McDonald’s will not be eligible for any reward.
- For an Existing User: During the Promotional Period, the Participant simply logs into the app, makes a purchase of R150 or more at a participating McDonald’s restaurant and redeems the "Fuel Up on Us" deal. The Participant will automatically be eligible and will be entered into the reward draw. Participants will be drawn in a random selection process and thereafter will be contacted via email or telephone to provide V+ member number. Participants V+ member’s status will be validated by Shell. Once a Participants V+ membership number is validated the Participants V+ Card will be loaded by Shell and the Participant will receive an email to confirm that R1000 has been loaded onto the V+ card. Participants that do not have a valid V+ card at the time of purchase at McDonald’s will not be eligible for any reward.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) the Promoter, its agents, subcontractors, or any third parties shall not be liable for:
- The accuracy or otherwise of the reward description or illustration,
- The non-availability, loss, interception or interference with, late receipt or damage of or to any reward claim, reward or notification or other communication,
- (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute and which cannot be excluded by the Promoter) any representation, condition or guarantee in respect of a reward, or
- Any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which Participants may be required to pay at any time in connection with a reward, (save to the extent that the Promoter has expressly and specifically accepted responsibility in these Rules for the same), or
- All costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to a person's participation in the Promotion, or arising out of a person's participation in any Promotion related activity, or their receipt, use or misuse of any reward that may be awarded to them.
All offers and rewards remain the property of the Promoter, pending redemption by Participants and the Promoter reserves the right to dispose of any unclaimed rewards as they deem appropriate or as required by law.
For any reward which must be claimed by the winner's parent / legal guardian, the Promoter will not be obliged to award it to anyone other than that parent/legal guardian, if the winner is less than the age of majority. The Promoter may also withhold that award should the Promoter determine in its sole discretion that a dispute may have arisen as between the winner and the parent / legal guardian in relation to the reward. The Promoter is not liable or responsible to verify the identity of the parent or legal guardian.
6. THE PROMOTER'S RIGHTS
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right and at any time at its absolute discretion and without giving any reason or notice, to vary, modify, or amend the terms of these Rules in such manner as the Promoter thinks fit. Any changes will be communicated on the website www.mcdonalds.co.za and all participants in the Promotion shall be deemed to have accepted such amended or modified terms by their ongoing participation in the Promotion.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter may (i) extend any time limit or waive any of these Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging the Promoter to relax these Rules on any further occasion for that entrant or at all for any other person), (ii) terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time due to supervening circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, or (ii) substitute the reward or daily offer deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any rewards or daily offers (or any part of the reward or daily offer). The Promoter's decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding.
By participating in the Promotion, Participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Rules and the decisions made by the Promoter.
These Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of South Africa.
© 2019. MSA Devco (Pty) Ltd, 85 Grayston Drive, Sandton.
McDonald’s Restaurants that DO NOT Accept Virtual Vouchers
MCDONALDS ARBOUR CROSSING
MCDONALDS LEMON TREE
MCDONALDS THE GROVE
MCDONALD'S LOUIS BOTHA
MCDONALD'S BELA BELA
MCDONALD'S GREAT NORTH
MCDONALDS SPRINGS MALL
MCDONALDS MIDDELBURG MALL
MCDONALDS JEFFREYS BAY
MCDOANLDS HIGHVELD MALL
MCDONALD’S KIT KAT